You can download the summary here.
The full report can be downloaded here.
- The government were given ample warning about the need to prepare for a pandemic and did nothing.
- They neglected public health and the NHS for years, and turned to private companies to respond to the pandemic, resulting in a chaotic, inefficient response which cost lives.
- The most vulnerable and those more likely to catch or die from Covid were systematically given the least support.
- Government messaging was confused, underpinned by an overriding attitude that the public could not be trusted. Public trust in the government suffered as a direct result.
- These, and other findings, lead to one conclusion: this government was guilty of misconduct.